Coconut Cinnamon Granola
Granola is one of the simplest recipes you can make, it takes no time at all and is great to make on a Sunday night ready for the week ahead. There are so many ways to use granola such as adding it as a topping to yoghurt, chia puddings or smoothies, soaking it to make a bircher muesli, or simply adding your choice of milk and topping it with berries for a quick and easy breakfast.
· 4 cups of rolled oats
· 1 cup of mixed nuts and seeds (I used almonds, cashews, brazil nuts and pepitas)
· 1/3 cup raisins
· ½ cup desiccated coconut
· 1 tsp ground cinnamon
· ½ tsp of nutmeg or Chinese 5 spice
· ½ cup coconut oil
· 1 tbs of organic honey
· Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
· Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and combine.
· Place the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until melted and combined.
· Poor the honey and coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients. Mix well, ensuring all dry ingredients are coated.
· Poor mixture onto baking tray, spread evenly.
· Place in oven for 10 minutes, remove from oven and toss, then return to oven for a further 10 minutes.
· Remove from oven and allow to cool before storing.